Thursday, October 5, 2023

A neighbor rescues an elderly couple from a burning apartment in Tampere


The apartment was damaged in the fire, leaving it uninhabitable.

15.5. 23:03

A neighbor helped an elderly couple out of a burning apartment in Tampere on Monday evening.

Sakari Bragg, on-duty fire marshal of Peerkanma Rescue Service, says the blaze broke out in an apartment on the sixth floor of an apartment building on Janislahdenkatu just after 7 p.m. Monday.

An elderly couple lived in the apartment, who alerted a neighbor for help. The neighbor worked very hard and got the people from there to the courtyard. By calling 112, he closed the apartment door and thus prevented the fire from spreading.

– It’s a small act with a big impact. The fire then does not get oxygen and cannot grow to its full potential. This ensures conditions for rescue operations and ensures the safety of other residents of the house. It was well done.

Emergency services transported the elderly couple and their neighbor to Tampere University Hospital for further treatment.

The neighbor was also taken along with Bragg for further treatment, as he too had been exposed to the fumes. However, according to Bragg, no one is at risk.

The apartment was damaged in the fire, leaving it uninhabitable. It is not yet known where the fire started.

According to Bragg, the rescue service had about seven units at best. The rescue service was alerted about the act at 19:15.

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *