You can watch the Lions’ World Cup matches from your balcony at the Nokia Arena with a towel on your hips and a sauna drink in hand.
On the video board of Nokia Arena, also during the World Cup, there is a picture of half-naked spectators watching the Lions match in the stands with only a towel on their hips.
They have come to their “balcony” to cool off in the sauna.
It is one of the features of Tampere’s Downtown Arena. Hotel rooms where you can watch the game.
– We have 14 rooms, one of which has a window and a balcony facing the arena. Each one of them is a bedroom and the other one is a conference room. They can also be combined by opening intermediate doors, says Jan Mönkkonen, hotel director at Lapland Hotels Arena.
However, there is no sauna in these Arena View Rooms. It can, however, be found in a room called the Arena View Lounge. Actually, two saunas.
After all, you can’t watch the game from the platforms, but you can go to the arena stands and have a sauna drink. Hotel room balconies are practically the top row of the stands. They each have the same number of benches as the stands in the arena.
– It is unique even by world standards. As far as I know, there is no set anywhere else that has this kind of bedroom and sauna, says Monckkonen.
– North Americans were amazed when the NHL games took place here last November. TSN (Canadian media) also came here to film.
So what is the cost of such pleasure?
– The price always depends on the event. The Ice Hockey World Cup is practically the most expensive, while league games, for example, have significantly lower prices.
– Such a small rate for a hotel room on game days in Finland is 2,400 euros per day. This lounge finish with sauna costs 7,200 euros in first season games. Monckkonen says 9,000 in the semi-finals and semi-finals and then 12,000 in the final.
Rather expensive sauna session. However, Mönkkonen insists that none of the Lions’ games at last year’s or this year’s World Cup have had to be vacated. Demand has been made.
– There are benches for 12 people here, but about 18 people can still see just fine.
Just reserving a hotel room doesn’t entitle you to see World Cup games or other events held at the Nokia Arena. In addition, you must purchase a separate “Basic Price” ticket for the match, or else the curtain outside the window is kept down and the balcony door is closed.
What type of customers rent these luxurious hotel rooms?
– It depends on the event. There are many companies or groups of friends in the World Cup. At a concert, for example, the couple might rent a room, invite their friends over to watch the concert on the balcony, and then stay the night, Monkonen says.
Leave a Reply